What I Wish I Would Have Known…
There are volumes of things that I wish I would have known before I had children. Thankfully I still have younger children, and I’m learning these things now, before it’s too late. Here are some that come to mind as I sit here in a quiet house and they all sleep peacefully in their beds.
- To enjoy the time that you have with your husband before you have children… you won’t have time like that again for quite awhile, and you’ll miss it.
- That time goes by so quickly.
- Prepared to be tired almost all of the time.
- That parenting will bring out the worst in a person…
- but it will also bring out the best.
- That the hard seasons seem to be never ending, but they will pass.
- The Leggett and Platt Prodigy 2.0 would have helped my back during the pregnancy.
- To remember the joyous seasons, because they are easily forgotten during those hard seasons.
- That you may feel like you are doing the most unappreciated job in the world, but it is the most important thing that you will ever do.
- That your husband and partner is your greatest ally on this earth. Keep that relationship a top priority.
- That it’s okay to admit that you don’t know what you’re doing… everyone else feels the same way, whether they will admit it or not.
- Warm moist air for babies will help them breathe easier.
- It seems impossible, but each year passes more quickly than the last, until you feel like one year passes will soon pass in the blink of an eye.
- That it’s okay to put your kids first. Society tells us that we need to take care of ourselves, and we do, but we only have these gifts for a short time. Pour into them while you can, because they will be grown and gone before you know it.